Early Adopter Special
During Beta Mode we will be offering this special offer.
3 months for the price of 2 & Free Safety Orientation class.
This special offer ends March 21st!
Be sure you understand Beta Mode before signing up.
The first 50 members are eligible for a single payment of $240 ($200 Student/Military/Senior) to receive 3 months of individual membership and Safety Orientation class. Will allow the combination of this membership with other offers, i.e. The 3 months of the Early Adopter Special will count towards the 6 months needed to get your 7th month free. Giving you 7 months for the price of 5!
If you would like to purchase the Early Adopter Special online, click the Buy Now button at the bottom of the page. You will be taken to our Paypal checkout system, if you do not have a Paypal account, click the “Pay with a debit or …” in the lower right corner of the payment screen. If you would like to sign up in person we accept credit/debit cards, cash or check on site.
Understanding Beta (Testing) Mode
Until March 21st, 2014, The Manufactory will be operating in what we call “Beta mode”. Beta mode is our way of bringing the management and staff of our space together with our members in a less formal manner to help us better understand the needs of our members and to establish a user friendly atmosphere. Once the beta phase is complete we will open for full membership. While in beta mode our operation will have the following key differences:
- Initially, membership will be limited to 50 (including instructors), we will increase this limit as things progress.
- The only memberships available will be the Early Adopter Special or a Daily Membership. At this time, corporate memberships will not be offered. If you are interested in a corporate membership please join as an individual, your membership(s) may be converted at a later date.
- Prospective members must have experience working in a shop environment and have experience with the machines they would like to operate (if you are a novice, please wait until we Go Live! on March 22nd).
- All members will be required to take our Safety Orientation class prior to using the shop space. You may sign up for membership at any time but your membership period will not begin until you have taken the class.
- For equipment that does not have a Safe Use class available we will do “checkouts” on the machines, a checkout must be performed with a staff member to ensure that the member has the adequate knowledge necessary to operate the equipment safely. Once a Safe Use class is available for the equipment the member will be required to take the class, to continue operating the equipment. You must make an appointment with our staff for Checkouts.
- Operation hours will be shorter. M-F 10-8 (open until 11 on Wednesday nights, Saturday 10-6, Sunday 12-6. Hours will be somewhat flexible and subject to change. If no one is using the shops, we may close up to one hour early.
- All of our equipment will not be operational at all times. Some machines still need upgrades, repairs, etc. We will post on this site the operational status of most of the major equipment. If you have specific equipment needs, please check the status or ask before joining.
All persons wishing to become members at this time agree to the above conditions.